"Loyal friends to the end of the trail"
A.K.C. Canine Good Citizen
||"The purpose of the Canine Good Citizen test is
to ensure that our favorite companion, the dog,
can be a respected member of the community because
it is trained and conditioned to act mannerly.." A.K.C.
Canine Good Citizen Brochure, (11/97).
"Canine Good Citizen is fun and useful. Through it,
|Demonstrating confidence and control, the dog must complete
these ten steps:
1. Allow a friendly stranger to approach;
2. Allow a friendly stranger to touch;
3. Welcome being groomed and examined;
4. Walk on a loose leash with the handler in control;
5. Move about politely in pedestrian traffic;
6. Respond to the handler's command to sit and down;
7. Come when called by the handler;
8. Behave politely around other dogs;
9. Demonstrates confidence when faced with distracting situations;
10. Can be left with a trusted person.
Copyright 1998-2010, GreatMountain Chinooks. All rights reserved. Last updated 4/10.